I want to be successful. I want to be a great football player

A teenager of 17 went to a football coach and said:
"Hi Sir, I want to be successful. I want to be a great football player"
Master turned away and asked "Do u know how to swim?"
He replied "No sir. But how has it got any relation with football?"
Master smiled and said "come and meet me in the beach tomorrow morning at 5 a.m.
(Next day morning, by the time, the teenager went, master was already there).
Master started straight away "Go into the water"
He did as he asked. The water was up to his waist.
Master said " deeper".
He did and now the water was up to his neck.
Master ordered "Few more steps"
A teenager moved two feet deeper and the water was now up to his ears and he was shouting "I do not want to learn swimming, I want to learn football".
Master shouted back "Go in"
A teenager did and when he was unable to get his feet on the land, he gasped, tried his best to come forward, to breathe.
Master dragged him out and asked him
"What were you thinking of when you were about to drown? what did you want to do?"
He took his time to catch his breath and said
"I wanted to come out, I wanted to breath"
Master asked again "Did you think of a party?"
He replied "No"
"Did you think of eating, sleeping, watching movies?"
"No, I just wanted to breathe"
Master started explaining, "When you want to succeed as hard as you wanted to breathe, then you'll be successful". You do not care about a party, not about anything. Many of us don't want to be successful as we want to sleep. If you want to be successful, you might need to sleep for only 4 hours, 3 hours, or you might need to work 48 hours without a break. Then you will be successful.
If needed, sacrifice what you are to become what you want to!

No comments:

Post a Comment